AB 60 Child Care Protections for Working Families – Resources
Why We Need AB 60:
California raised the minimum wage so that people are paid more fairly for their hard work. But the extra 50 cents an hour has unintentionally caused many families to lose child care.
AB 60 will allow parents earning the minimum wage to keep their affordable child care, so they can continue to work and their children can stay in day care, preschool, and after-school programs.
How AB 60 works:
This bill updates guidelines that have been frozen for over a decade, to raise the income eligibility for affordable child care, taking into account the new minimum wage and the cost of living in California.
Need to Know Information:
- The Basics – AB 60
- Fact Sheet – AB 60
- Bill Text
- Hearing Dates
- Parent Stories
How YOU Can Pass the Bill:
- Send a Sample Support Letter to Assemblymember Rendon & Senator de León – 06.01.17 (organizations and businesses)
- Get active on Twitter! Use #kidsCANTwait
- Do you have a personal story to share? Email Laurie Furstenfeld
Authors: Assemblymember Miguel Santiago and Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher
- Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
- Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez
- Assembly Member Blanca Rubio
- Assemblymember Kevin McCarty
- Assemblymember Tony Thurmond
- Senator Scott Wiener