AB 60 Child Care Protections for Working Families – Resources
Why We Need AB 60:
California raised the minimum wage so that people are paid more fairly for their hard work. But the extra 50 cents an hour has unintentionally caused many families to lose child care.
AB 60 will allow parents earning the minimum wage to keep their affordable child care, so they can continue to work and their children can stay in day care, preschool, and after-school programs.
How AB 60 works:
This bill updates guidelines that have been frozen for over a decade, to raise the income eligibility for affordable child care, taking into account the new minimum wage and the cost of living in California.
Need to Know Information:
- The Basics – AB 60
- Bill Text
- Hearing Dates
- May’s Story
- Cecilia, A Parent Who Needs AB 60
How YOU Can Pass the Bill:
- Sign on to the support letter (for organizations and businesses) by March 1st.
- Get active on Twitter! Use #kidsCANTwait
- Do you have a personal story to share? Email Laurie Furstenfeld.
Authors: Assemblymember Miguel Santiago and Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher
- Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
- Assemblymember Kevin McCarty
- Assemblymember Tony Thurmond
- Assembly Member Blanca Rubio
- Senator Scott Weiner