Your Comments on the Safe Sleep Regulations Are Requested
Everyone benefits when children are safe and happy in child care. Safe sleep practices can help protect children and keep them healthy and safe – and providers will benefit from clear rules and enforcement.
Community Care Licensing has published Draft Regulations and you are invited to comment.
Some of the proposed regulations are:
- Safe sleep equipment such as cribs or play yards for Family Child Care Homes
- Supervision requirements during the time infants are asleep in Family Child Care Homes
- Clear guidelines surrounding supervision for sleeping infants in Child Care Centers
- Requirements for the safest sleep position for infants
- Removing hazards in the crib while the infant is sleeping
You are invited to read and comment on the Draft Regulations. Your practice-based knowledge, suggestions, and concerns are important.
How to Comment
Your comments can be submitted in writing, by fax or by email, no later than September 19, 2018 at 5:p.m. They can be emailed to this address: email@example.com
Attend the Public Hearing
The California Department of Social Services has scheduled a Public Hearing on September 19, 2018, starting at 10 a.m. to receive testimony on proposed regulations concerning safe sleep for infants in child care facilities.
The hearing will be held at:
Office Building #8
- Community Care Licensing must review any substantive comments and consider whether to modify the draft rules.
- In 2012, the California Health and Safety Regulatory Workgroup submitted a White Paper to the Community Care Licensing Division recommending White Paper – Safe Sleep Practices and Sleep Related Infant Death Prevention Strategies in Child Care 2012
- AB 1207, effective 1/1/18, requires Community Care Licensing to make information and training available to all licensed child care providers about protective factors, including safe sleep practices.